Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Very Easy Thai Green Curry



This is an excellent recipe to put together at the last minute if you have people visiting or you are in the mood for spicy curry n rice combo and don’t want to have regular routine food. I was totally done eating the regular 'dal, roti, subzi' combo and put this dish together in literally 30 minutes including the chopping of vegetables et al. I made this with chicken and whatever veggies I had in the fridge but I am going to give you the recipe for what I usually put in my Thai Green Curry.
Ingredients:
400gm boneless chicken – cut into bite sized pieces
1 medium capsicum – thinly sliced (red, green or yellow)
1 medium onion – thinly sliced
1 small packet mushrooms – thinly sliced
200gm broccoli - florets cut into bite sized pieces
2-3 tbsp green curry paste (I used to make the paste from scratch but gone are those days...)
1 can Chaokoh coconut milk
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
I added some peas and califlower to to my curry – other veggies that go well with this are babycorn and water chestnut but feel free to experiment.
Recipe:
Take 2tsp oil of your choice and add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a couple of minutes. Add onions and saute till pink. Then add all the other veggies, half the curry paste and a bit of the coconut milk (enough to soak the veggies) and simmer – my family likes the beggies to absorb the taste of the coconut milk. You can cook them less if you want thtem crunchy. Then add the chicken and remaining coconut milk and green curry paste. Add salt to taste and simmer for about 15 mins – make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly. Served with plain white rice or jasmine rice! This is a super easy and super fast recipe and never fails me :). You can always extra green paste to make it spicier and give it an added zing!

No comments: