Monday, June 1, 2009

Starved for Italian???

I've been doing the usual restaurant visits in Gurgaon and trying to find out the good eateries... and I am sure I've mentioned Delhi has a ton of good eatiers most offering Mughlai food but there are some great joints serving authentic and not so authentic Italian food. To name the good joins... Olive (@ Hotel Diplomat), Spaghetti Kitchen (Saket Mall), Italic (DLF Mall, Vasant Kunj), Sevilla (The Clairidges - super expensive but great pizza and great ambience) and of course my all time favorite The Big Chill Cafe - but then we decided to try Azzuro Kitchen and Bar and the food was a disaster!

The bread basket had dry and burnt foccacia, the pizza base was too dry and charred and the main course was strictly OK. But the worst was yet to come - the tiramisu seemed to be made with bread soaked coffee and nothing close to mascarpone cheese! Their chocolate fondant was edible... but I think this place should be on some sort of a 'must NOT try' type of list. I am not even going to go into how bad the cocktails were or how all of a sudden the room we are sitting in started smelling of smoke.... just don't bother going here!

Will upload my favorite pasta recipe with pics this time around very soon!

No comments: